Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Positivist or interactionist approach?

I think a positivist approach provides better methods to understand sociological issues more clearly. They simply go by the facts and conduct their research based on the statistics of that particular issue. So you know everything a positivist says is 100% correct and they aren't trying to ster you in the wrong direction and trying to get you to believe something that is a myth. A interactionist approach on the other hand believes that a person or people around them will learn by their or someone else's mistakes which I find totally untrue. The reason I disagree with a interactionist approach is because a person won't learn by their mistakes unless the know the consequences of performing that particular act. So someone is not going to all of a Suddenly stop what they've been doing for who knows how long. So that's why I think a positivist approach is more reliable and helpful.

3 comments:

  1. I like the picture XD. You actually brought out a lot of issues that I hadn't considered. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a valid point but disagree. I think Interactionists is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Helped me see both sides to sociological research.

    ReplyDelete